Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Question from Mrs. Radner's Fourth Grade Class (9:33 AM November 2, 2011):

"This is Mrs. Radner's new fourth grade class. Our reading unit is "challenges", so we will be asking you about some of the challenges living and experimenting in Antarctica. We are looking forward to blogging with you while you are in Antarctica."

Hi Mrs. Radner and class, This sounds like an interesting topic. I will be happy to answer questions about the challenges of living in Antarctica. I will also see if I can get some of colleagues to write about that topic as well. Please share any interesting stories you read. I'm curious to hear about the challenges other folks have faced. My colleagues and I will be leaving for Antarctica on December 1. I will try to write some posts about preparing for the trip before I leave.

2 comments:

  1. A note for Mrs. Radner's Fourth Grade Class:

    I didn't mean to make things confusing. I deleted your original comment accidentally when I was rearranging some things for the website. Luckily I saved it, and copied it with my answer here. I put some directions on the main blog page about how posting questions will work this year. Please feel free to ask if anything is unclear or confusing. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dr. Sokol,
    We are first graders at Hillel. We would like to know if there are more than 100 insects, what is the temperature there and how many penguins are in Antarctica near you? We know you are leaving soon for New Zealand so if you can write us, that would be great. Have fun at the bottom of the world! Your friends from Mrs. Fridson's class

    ReplyDelete